Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Curls: Less Stress When Detangling

Source

So I've discovered a way to be nicer to my curls when I detangle. Usually I soak my entire head and place copious amounts of conditioner in my hair before I take my wide tooth comb to gently detangle the knots. Then I would go back through my hair with my denman brush. The only problem was that I still seemed to see much more hair in the comb and the brush than I liked. So lately I've changed my routine a tad bit. Instead of using my wide tooth comb as the main tool to detangle my hair, I use my fingers. I still soak and condition my hair, but now I take the time to run my fingers through my hair in a few sections to loosen any knots or tangles. I start at the ends then work my way up to the roots. If I feel and area that's knotted I work with it a little to free the hair strands. After I have detangled my entire head with my hands, I then go back through my hair with my wide tooth comb. As a result I see a lot less hair in the comb; thus making me a very very happy camper!

No comments:

Post a Comment